I have the same problem and it got worse too. I have tried all of the suggestions here in this forum, in faqs, with virtual assistant and am still having problems. What is the next step I can take? I bought this for a farewell in two weeks and so far am extremely disappointed.
Re: White lines appearing on photos printed by hp sprocket
Posted by 0_kelly-girl_0 on
← Older Post Newer Post →
I have the exact same roblem. Tried everything else but still have it.
Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there’s an issue with the print quality.
This could be due to various reasons like print settings, firmware update, hardware,.. to name a few.
Appreciate you trying the steps on your own. Don’t worry, I’m here to help!
Let’s try these steps -
Step 1 Use genuine HP ZINK photo paper.
Step 2 Upgrade the Sprocket firmware -
1) Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
2) On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
3) Tap the Menu icon, and then tap sprocket.
4 Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.
5) Under the Status section, locate Battery.
If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.
If the battery charge is 24% or lower, charge the battery for at least 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.
6) In Printer Settings, look for a firmware upgrade.
If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.
Step 3 Clean the Sprocket paper path rollers -
1) Remove the paper cover, and then remove any photo paper from the input tray.
2) Check the photo paper and remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.
3) Reload the photo paper with the colored card on the bottom of the stack with the barcode facing down.
4) Replace the paper cover, and then send a print job.
Step 4 Reset the printer -
1) Turn on the printer.
2) Locate the Reset button near the charging port.
3) Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.Asmita I am an HP Employee
The printer resets and turns off.
4) Turn on the printer.
If the issue still persists I have sent you a Private Message with the next course of action.
Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.
Hope this helps!
Let me know how that goes.
To thank us for our efforts to help you, please mark the public post as “Accept as solution” and click on the blue “Thumbs up”.
Have a great day!
I have the exactly the same issue with my HP Sprocket 100. Tried to follow the steps but issue still there.Any suggestion? Thanks,Jerry
@0_kelly-girl_0,Raj1788I am an HP Employee
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
It’s a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.
Appreciate all your time and efforts.
I have sent you a private message, for the further course of action that cannot be shared in a public post.
Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!
Have you had any success in remedying the problem?